The Bossier Arts Council has 3 main goals for DigiFest South:
- Inspire students to seek advanced education in digital arts
- Demonstrate the economic significance of digital skills
- Emphasize the importance of S.T.E.A.M. Education models
Art is more than a school elective… Art is a powerful vocational tool. It is vital to a well-rounded education that translates to lucrative career opportunities.
By reaching students, educators, the public, and local officials, DigiFest South demonstrates how art combined with technology leads to the innovations that shape our modern way of life. Each targeted component of the festival displays art’s direct contribution to strong economic development and its ability to prompt cultural transformations.
DigiFest South 2017 consists of the following events:
- 48-Hour Game Jam – Beginning FRI, Oct 13 (BAC Main Building)
- North Louisiana Teacher Summit – TUE, Oct 17 (BAC Main Building)
- DigiExpo Day 1 – Middle Schoolers – WED, Oct 18 (Bossier Civic Center)
- DigiExpo Day 2 – Open to High Schoolers and the Public – THU, Sept 15 from (Bossier Civic Center)
- DigiMusic Free Concert – FRI, Oct 20 (Downtown Shreveport’s Red River District)
Get the latest updates at facebook.com/digifestsouth